Saturday, April 12, 2014

Let's Try Something Different

Why do we freak out about the ten commandments being in school?  How about tacking this one up:

1 Corinthians 13:13 AMP
And so faith, hope, love abide [faith–conviction and belief respecting man's relation to God and divine things; hope–joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation; love–true affection for God and man, growing out of God's love for and in us], these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Apparently law alone hasn't worked for us thus far. I get that we need rules. Everybody gets that. We know already. We're taught from birth to obey. But no one wants to obey a command from someone they think hates them or at best is indifferent towards them.

John 14:15 ESV
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments."

We keep His commandments BECAUSE we love Him. I could go be with another man.......BUT I DONT WANT TO! WHY? Because I love my husband. See where I'm going with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment