Monday, May 21, 2012

Thankful: Part 1 of Infinity

I saw a sunset, smelled something dead, smelled some honeysuckles, thought some things, waved at people, and had a dandy of a time.

I'm pretty sure my moms bike was set to 'insanity.' It was a bike ride, but it was some work, to say the least.

I initially left trying to catch my Aunt Judy on her bike, but alas, ne'er caught up to her. I was fine with that. I would have loved to get to chat with her without the girls climbing literally on top of her. They love some Aunt Judy....you have no idea. My fear is that she will secretly loathe seeing them. I can only imagine that they bug the snot out of her. But she's one of my favorite people and an all around great gal, so she'd never say if they did.

Back to the bike ride.....

I wish I could tell you I gained some sort of great wisdom on this short but wonderful venture into this small neighborhood, but no such thing happened. I just rode around. By myself. In the quiet. Alone.

I was, however, reminded to chill out and brace yourselves for a cheesy cliche enJOY the small things. Like a bike ride.....maybe not the smell two streets down.

I'm still having to remind myself to be thankful for such things. To view them as gifts from a heavenly Father who enjoys watching His children enjoy themselves. I'm learning to be grateful, thankful, thoughtful, of everyday things. Today I am thankful for:

A very orange, very large sun to look at as I ride

Loud, small birds

Little boys learning how to shoot hoops with their dad

Pawpaws that are willing to babysit

Alone time

Sweaty, napping babies

Pony tail holders

A Father that keeps giving me gifts, day after day

I like this idea. This idea of blogging writing down periodically the things I don't ordinarily consider 'gifts.' Whether or not theses things get read or not. Just writing/typing these gifts down makes me conscious of all I truly have and how much more I have to be thankful for.

......or maybe that was myself I was smelling......

No comments:

Post a Comment